Friday, November 07, 2008

Fire Up the Grill!


Vycki's caught herself a possum. Looks like some good eatin' tonight! Just kidding.......yuck. Dad, didn't that restaurant in Woodinville serve stuff like possum and armadillo?

Caught this sucker in my backyard after many fruitless attempts (actually fruitless for me fruitful for him........he was very well fed on apples, bananas, and pears until I managed to trap him.)
Captain Jack was frantically trying to get him as well. The possum had taken up residence under my shed. Captain Jack not only dug under my shed so much so that I now have a basement under it but he also started tearing my shed apart and ripped off a fair amount of the wood at the base and foundation. That was one determined pup!

4 Comments:

Blogger feldfour said...

Did you get an official "varmint" hunting license from NJ? NOW what do you do with a ' possim?
Joe III

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shhhhh....did my huntin and trappin on the down low.

I considered saving it until Thanksgiving and fattening him up but I didn't think Mom would appreciate possum on the menu. LOL

We just got back from releasing him at a nature preserve about 3 miles from here. I hope I drove far enough away so he doesn't find his way back. If he tries, he has to cross a major road to get here! That should deter him a little. I hope!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Looks like Vycki found a new pet... lol

5:49 PM  
Blogger dad said...

The place in Woodinville served exotic things like bear and elk but not possum. However roadkill possum is quite good with fried onions and mashed taters- just kidding. Love, DAD

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home