Sunday, April 12, 2009

Training for the Marathon

Hi All,

So as some of you know Karen and I are training for the Inaugural Seattle Rock and Roll Marathon. The race date is June 27th or 28th. I have been off and on cause I have planters fasciitis . Although it is less painful to run up and down the mountain then on the street - I have been trying to do more street running to prepare. I think that swimming is helping me as I got back into the pool. Of all the sports it is my least favorite but i know how good it is for me and it is non impact to my foot. Anyway - Karen ..... you are probably kicking my butt in training as my longest distance so far is 13 miles. Keep up the great work and I'll send more news soon.
Love, Lauren

3 Comments:

Blogger feldfour said...

So how long will you be in town then? i'll have to get some time off eh?

Joe III

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... 26.2 miles versus 3.1? Sure makes my little 5K look pretty pitiful. :-(

Lauren, I'll let you know after my physical next week. My heart rate gets up to 196 when I run. Seems a little high and can be a bit uncomfortable.

5:11 AM  
Blogger feldfour said...

now come on Vyck...dont push it that hard. from 3.1 miles to 26? i can definitely see you do it next year. just work your way up to it.

Joe III

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home