Tuesday, April 07, 2009

My first race


I just ran my first race this past Saturday. It was a 5K....huge accomplishment for me since I only started running 2 months ago.
I've stayed away from running since the day in high school when Lauren thought it would be a good idea for me to go for a run with her.....I didn't get very far before I tossed my lunch on the side of Stanhope Road. Ever since then I avoided running like the plague.


I'm already planning my next 5K. Hoping to improve my time. My official time (which is slightly off since I started at the back of the pack) was a 10:14 minute mile . I had on a headband and a fleece jacket to ward off the 40mph wind gusts we had. Not the ideal weather conditions for the race but I survived!




6 Comments:

Blogger dad said...

Way to go girl. Good to see you in action. Keep it up, but dont try to keep up with Lauren. Love, DAD

4:11 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Way to go Vycki... you are a much better person then I am... :) i'm proud of you...

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha Maria....I just had to get over my fear of puking in public! One foot in front of the other............

5:49 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Just wait till you get to the 1/2 marathon and heck if you keep this up - you can run with Karen and I at the Seattle Rock and Roll Marathon at the end of June. C'Mon Vycki - you can join a whole lotta folks that upchuck their cookies at that one! Seriously your time was excellent and I look forward to running with you one of these days.
Love, Lauren

6:14 PM  
Blogger feldfour said...

RUUUUNNNN forest, ruuuuuunnnnnn! i mean, Vycki. way to go too, maybe riverside has a scholarship for you in cross country too?

Joe III

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home