Sunday, August 10, 2008

Get Fit on Rt 66


This year as part of a discount incentive offered by my company to remain healthy and get a big fat discount on my health insurance we could sign up and participate in a program called Get Fit on Rt 66. The route started in Chicago and ended in Santa Monica, CA. The Internet tracking tool works like this: for every minute you exercise and log on the web site - you move 1 mile toward the finish in Santa Monica. The program started on June 2 - thru Sept 30. Since I run 4 miles a day and hike, gym etc on the weekend this was an easier discount for me to earn. It was a ton of fun and I finished on July 29th. The cool part of the program was logging my miles. An animated old 57 ford truck moved me from city to city and wherever I landed - the web site gave me a few paragraphs about the town or city I landed in.

Last weekend I happened to be riding my Harley near my house and accidently ended up on part of Rt 66. Thought you would like to see a picture :-) agghhhhh life is fun on the bike!

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Looking GOOD Lauren... Love the BIKE....

8:39 PM  
Blogger feldfour said...

I recommend using a full face helmet as you dont want to HIDE your pretty face ( but must), but need to PROTECT it. Frank should be back from Sturgis on his (by the way) by now. Joe III

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home